Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Culinary School Update

I'm just starting my 3rd 6-week term. So far I've completed Cooking Foundations 1, Food Safety and Sanitation, College Success, Hospitality Math, Food Science and Computer Software classes with straight A's and a 4.0 gpa. Hallelujah!

Today was my second day of Foundations 2, 4 hours straight of cooking, and it is pretty awesome. We're starting to get into the meat of things. In the past two days I have personally made my own fish stock, chicken stock, browned veal bones and browned mirepoix, and reviewed all my basic cuts. I feel like I'm on the way to really becoming a skilled culinarist. :)~

I also just landed a work study job in the Student Services area and I'm super excited about it. But it means I'll be at school from 9-5+. Yee ha!

If you're just browsing here, definitely take a look at my pizza competition post. I really need some ideas because our submissions will be needed shortly. I have compiled a list of general pizza likes and dislikes and I'm considering surveying it out.... but I need more ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Just heard from one of your other followers, Friday, and she would like to see photos of your sauces. Think maybe you can remember to take them? Or even photos of the process along the way.... What happened to the food photos from the Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant?

    ReplyDelete