Thursday, July 29, 2010

Get Money Quickly and Easily - TIP #1

If you're looking for a way to make money super-duper fast without a lot of work...I haven't figured out how yet. But putting Craigslist to use this week I managed to pull together enough money for groceries and gas.

Last Sunday I had a yardsale that was pretty disappointing. After an hour of set-up and 4 hours in the cold, I ended up with no sales. However, after seeing my ad on Craigslist, 1 person came by while I was cleaning up and asked about my karaoke CD's. I made $10.

I decided to take a picture of the main things I had for sale that someone else might consider valuable and put ads on Craigslist. Within a few hours I had a buyer for my old laptop, a keyboard set and my rollerskates - almost $200.

Looking through my junk in storage I have found that things I haven't used in many, many months and years are commmon things that other people would be able to treasure right now. As hard as it is to have to give up my white roller skates with the shiny red wheels, I have to be honest with myself...I haven't been rollerskating for years.

It just goes to show that one person's junk can be another person's treasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment